1/19/2003

Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be.

Refrain

Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

Summer and winter and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.

Refrain

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!

Refrain

Today;
1. My parents are in Ukraine.
2. My drunk housemates brought a bunch of girls over, and 12-13 people had a raucous party until 2 in the morning.
3. I still haven't connected with a Christian organization that I respect and want to be a part of.
4. I am the only serious Christian in the "zones" in which I operate each day.
5. I am worried about the results of this weekend's leadership retreat for CCF which I could not be at.

But you know what? I am content today, because God is faithful. His love doesn't change, which is a powerful thing. Despite the politicians, the reletivists, the weakness, the immorallity... his love and consistency are unshakeable. When I take the time to build off of that, and force myself to make him my starting point, I find that the world consistently embarasses itself in comparison to the creater of goodness and order. Dedicating your life to a cause isn't so hard of a thing when it is such a proven cause. I truly believe that nobody can KNOW what is true, nor can faith be enough. I believe that God calls us to make our decision WELL. A well-made decision carries both the power of logic and knowledge and the beauty of faith and hope. I look around and see the decadence of this city, and am appalled by it; but I do not fear for myself, because my foundation is one grounded both in faith and in knowledge. I love that God is so COMPLETE... he fulfills all that is good and rejects all that is evil, in its entirity. To top it off, this wonderful God cares about each soul in an individual way... in the midst of a world that is designed to make me weak, Lord, GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS.

To those who do not have this foundation, you're missing out. To those who do, be proud. Your joy should know no bounds, no matter your situation.

Till next time.

No comments: